In front of every ‘ski’ there is a curve similar to the decay envelope. Skis module has two channels A and B and each of them consists of a decay envelope with knob control and a VCA. There is a TRIGGER input to trigger the envelope, a buffered envelope output which is normalised to the CV input of the VCA. Than there is SIGNAL IN and OUT of the VCA.
There is also a CRUNCH switch which activates a special mosfet lofi VCA circuit inspired by designs of Standa Filip. This adds a slight crunchy character which is changing with the decay of the envelope.
A typical application of Skis is to take two signals (noises for example) and generate drum sounds with adjustable DECAY from them with a TRIGGER signal. However you can also use the two VCAs and two DECAY envelopes independently.
Assembly difficulty: medium
- dual decay envelope with adjustable decay time (trigger input, CV output)
- dual vca (signal IN, signal OUT, CV IN is normalized to CV output of decay envelope)
- crunch feature inspired by circuits of Standa Filip
- jumpers for changing the decay envelope to release envelope (vca is on full while there is a gate signal and than it decays)
- jumpers for enabling the decay knob to completely mute the decay envelope
- jumpers for selecting weird filtering of the output signal (also inspired by Standa Filip)
- front panel from oak wood, handmade custom knobs
- Complete assembly guide – PDF v1.1-1.2, PDF v1.0
- Short printable version – PDF v1.0
- Bill of Materials – Googledocs
- Schematics and board diagram – PDF v1.2, PDF v1.1, PDF v1.0
- User manual – PDF
- 5 HP
- current: +12: <30mA, -12: <20mA
- 35mm deep (skiff friendly)
- PTC fuse and diode protected 10 pin power connector